Three things that make me happy:
1. Being with the people I love. This one seems obvious and pretty much everyone would say this but it doesn't make it any less true.
1. Being with the people I love. This one seems obvious and pretty much everyone would say this but it doesn't make it any less true.
I have to admit, Andrew pretty much tops this list. He is the one person that I am al
ways 100% honest with and from whom I have no secrets. I'm not saying that I am not an honest person or that I have alot of secrets, but I find it impossible to keep even the littlest emotion or feeling that I have from him and the fact that he knows all my faults and my secrets and still loves me makes me extremely happy. The thought of marrying him and spending the rest of my life with him makes me insanely happy. It is pretty hard to hide this fact :0)
My bff Laura is most definetely on this list as well. All the memories and th
e inside jokes and stories that we tell which end in us with tears streaming down our faces and we can't breathe because we are laughing so hard. The fact that she also knows me extremely well and trusts me to give her advice and confides in me. The fact that we don't see each other very much and sometimes go a long time without talking but yet still remain close and when we do get together and talk it's as if we just saw each other yesterday. All of that makes me super happy :0)
My bff Laura is most definetely on this list as well. All the memories and th
My family is also on this list as well. My parents crack me up all the time and I do spend a lot of time with them since I am still living at home for the meantime. I love seeing how I am like each one of them and teasing and supporting each other. I love when my brothers come over and we all go out to lunch and sometimes go and see a movie. All holiday traditions, etc. That makes me really happy :0)
There are tons of other people that make this list, but it would take absolutely forever to go through all of them so I will stop at three, since this is a blog about three's :0)
2. Chick flicks. This won't come as a surprise to most people who know me. I am kind of the queen of chick flicks. I own tons of them and my collection keeps growing. My ideal nights on most nights would just to be to stay at home and have a chick flick marathon. When I was younger chick flicks were what made me look forward to the time when I would meet a guy who was just like the love interest in those movies and the happy feeling I get when watching those movies always seems to stay with me. Lots of my favorite memories from college was when I would get together with my girls and watch chick flicks and swoon for hours afterwards. Maybe this makes me pathetic because at a time when most girls my age were going out on dates and having the real thing, I was just stuck in the imaginary land of whatever movie I happened to be watching, but I was perfectly content with that. It never really bothered me.
3. This one was hard because there were about four of five things that came to mind and I had to sit and choose which one I would write about as my third thing. I decided to write about Summer because it encompasses alot of my favorite things. Summer is my favorite season for lots of reasons. First of all, working at an elementary school I get summer's off. This makes me extremely happy. I get to sleep in, not have a set schedule, stay up late, and pretty much do whatever I please. Obviously as I get older and have a family and such this will change but for right now, I am enjoying it immensely! Secondly, the weather. I love the warm weather and being able to go outside and not have to bundle up in several layers. It always seems to put me in a good mood when the sun is shining and the weather is warm. Thirdly, baseball season is in full swing during the summer. Baseball is my favorite sport to watch and during the summer being able to go to a game is amazing as well. Somehow it just isn't summer without baseball for me. Also, country music. Now obviously country music is played year long but I love the atmosphere of country music during the summer. Lots of concerts and upbeat songs on the radio.
Three places that make me happy:
1. North Carolina. Without a doubt one of my favorite places to go. Every summer for the past few years my family has rented a beach house in the Outer Banks for a week or two. This goes along with my love of summer because I love being able to sleep in, go to the beach all day and read romance novels, and just take my time and enjoy myself without anywhere to be. If I don't want to go to the beach that day, I can go shopping. If I don't want to go shopping, I can go see a movie, or go putt putt golfing, etc. Tons of stuff to do there and at night, my favorite part is playing board games with my family and going in the hot tub.
2. Camp. Another one of my favorite parts about summer. I love the feeling that I get when we drive onto the campground before another week of junior high camp. I love the feeling of anticipation as I think about who I am going to get put with and what kind of campers I will have. I have been a counselor at this particular camp for eleven years and was a camper for nine years before that so I know the place like the back of my hand. I feel completely comfortable there. Andrew even proposed to me there, so it will always have special meaning to me because of that. I have met some amazing people there as well that I would never have met otherwise and still keep in touch with today.
3. Church. I have been going to the same church since I was born. It is my second home. It is one of the few places where I can walk in and be completely at home and at ease. I see the same people I have seen for years who have become like family to me and who have known me since I was a baby and have watched me grow in the woman I am today. So many memories have taken place there, both humorous and serious. Sunday's have always been one of my favorite days of the week and the main reason for that is because I always look forward to and am excited about going to church and not only seeing my church family but also getting to hear God's word and become closer to Him.
Three movies that make me happy: (this was extremely hard to narrow down to three)
1. Ten Things I Hate About You. I don't really even know why I like this movie so much but it has been a favorite of mine for years. I love that it is based on The Taming of the Shrew by Shakespeare because I love Shakespeare. I love that it takes place in a high school because at the time I saw it, I was in high school so I could relate to alot of what was going on. It always makes me laugh no matter how many times I watch it and I can quote the whole movie from beginning to end.
2. Pride & Prejudice. As a huge Jane Austen fan, I of course love this movie. It is my favorite of her books (with Emma being a close second) and even though it has been made into a movie several times, my favorite version is the one with Keira Knightley as Elizabeth Bennett. It is just a classic love story and one that is so relatable no matter what stage of life you are in. I remember watching this movie and just saying "I can't wait until I can find someone who looks at me the way Mr. Darcy looks at Elizabeth" and even now that I have found that someone, I still get goosebumps sometimes when I see it.
3. Princess Diaries 2. Yes I know, it's a teenybopper movie but this fact does not make me love it any less. I was a huge fan of the first Princess Diaries so I was excited when this one came out in theaters. I was in college at the time, and a bunch of us went to go see it. I think the grand total amount of times I saw it in the theater was three times. I love Anne Hathaway. She is one of my favorite actresses and I adore the love story between her character, Princess Mia and Lord Nicholas. The scene where they fall asleep by the lake with their hands entwined made me swoon then and it still makes me swoon now. Lots of inside jokes come along with this movie too. I am not going to list them all now, but this is another one of those movies that I can quote the entire thing from beginning to end basically. The scene where Nicholas's uncle, Lord Deveroux says "POSTAGE STAMP! YOU WOULD LOOK LOVELY ON POSTAGE STAMP" makes me laugh the hardest out of any other line in a movie I think.
And that concludes my blog entry about three things, three places and three movies that make me happy. :0)
There are tons of other people that make this list, but it would take absolutely forever to go through all of them so I will stop at three, since this is a blog about three's :0)
2. Chick flicks. This won't come as a surprise to most people who know me. I am kind of the queen of chick flicks. I own tons of them and my collection keeps growing. My ideal nights on most nights would just to be to stay at home and have a chick flick marathon. When I was younger chick flicks were what made me look forward to the time when I would meet a guy who was just like the love interest in those movies and the happy feeling I get when watching those movies always seems to stay with me. Lots of my favorite memories from college was when I would get together with my girls and watch chick flicks and swoon for hours afterwards. Maybe this makes me pathetic because at a time when most girls my age were going out on dates and having the real thing, I was just stuck in the imaginary land of whatever movie I happened to be watching, but I was perfectly content with that. It never really bothered me.
3. This one was hard because there were about four of five things that came to mind and I had to sit and choose which one I would write about as my third thing. I decided to write about Summer because it encompasses alot of my favorite things. Summer is my favorite season for lots of reasons. First of all, working at an elementary school I get summer's off. This makes me extremely happy. I get to sleep in, not have a set schedule, stay up late, and pretty much do whatever I please. Obviously as I get older and have a family and such this will change but for right now, I am enjoying it immensely! Secondly, the weather. I love the warm weather and being able to go outside and not have to bundle up in several layers. It always seems to put me in a good mood when the sun is shining and the weather is warm. Thirdly, baseball season is in full swing during the summer. Baseball is my favorite sport to watch and during the summer being able to go to a game is amazing as well. Somehow it just isn't summer without baseball for me. Also, country music. Now obviously country music is played year long but I love the atmosphere of country music during the summer. Lots of concerts and upbeat songs on the radio.
Three places that make me happy:
1. North Carolina. Without a doubt one of my favorite places to go. Every summer for the past few years my family has rented a beach house in the Outer Banks for a week or two. This goes along with my love of summer because I love being able to sleep in, go to the beach all day and read romance novels, and just take my time and enjoy myself without anywhere to be. If I don't want to go to the beach that day, I can go shopping. If I don't want to go shopping, I can go see a movie, or go putt putt golfing, etc. Tons of stuff to do there and at night, my favorite part is playing board games with my family and going in the hot tub.
2. Camp. Another one of my favorite parts about summer. I love the feeling that I get when we drive onto the campground before another week of junior high camp. I love the feeling of anticipation as I think about who I am going to get put with and what kind of campers I will have. I have been a counselor at this particular camp for eleven years and was a camper for nine years before that so I know the place like the back of my hand. I feel completely comfortable there. Andrew even proposed to me there, so it will always have special meaning to me because of that. I have met some amazing people there as well that I would never have met otherwise and still keep in touch with today.
3. Church. I have been going to the same church since I was born. It is my second home. It is one of the few places where I can walk in and be completely at home and at ease. I see the same people I have seen for years who have become like family to me and who have known me since I was a baby and have watched me grow in the woman I am today. So many memories have taken place there, both humorous and serious. Sunday's have always been one of my favorite days of the week and the main reason for that is because I always look forward to and am excited about going to church and not only seeing my church family but also getting to hear God's word and become closer to Him.
Three movies that make me happy: (this was extremely hard to narrow down to three)
1. Ten Things I Hate About You. I don't really even know why I like this movie so much but it has been a favorite of mine for years. I love that it is based on The Taming of the Shrew by Shakespeare because I love Shakespeare. I love that it takes place in a high school because at the time I saw it, I was in high school so I could relate to alot of what was going on. It always makes me laugh no matter how many times I watch it and I can quote the whole movie from beginning to end.
2. Pride & Prejudice. As a huge Jane Austen fan, I of course love this movie. It is my favorite of her books (with Emma being a close second) and even though it has been made into a movie several times, my favorite version is the one with Keira Knightley as Elizabeth Bennett. It is just a classic love story and one that is so relatable no matter what stage of life you are in. I remember watching this movie and just saying "I can't wait until I can find someone who looks at me the way Mr. Darcy looks at Elizabeth" and even now that I have found that someone, I still get goosebumps sometimes when I see it.
3. Princess Diaries 2. Yes I know, it's a teenybopper movie but this fact does not make me love it any less. I was a huge fan of the first Princess Diaries so I was excited when this one came out in theaters. I was in college at the time, and a bunch of us went to go see it. I think the grand total amount of times I saw it in the theater was three times. I love Anne Hathaway. She is one of my favorite actresses and I adore the love story between her character, Princess Mia and Lord Nicholas. The scene where they fall asleep by the lake with their hands entwined made me swoon then and it still makes me swoon now. Lots of inside jokes come along with this movie too. I am not going to list them all now, but this is another one of those movies that I can quote the entire thing from beginning to end basically. The scene where Nicholas's uncle, Lord Deveroux says "POSTAGE STAMP! YOU WOULD LOOK LOVELY ON POSTAGE STAMP" makes me laugh the hardest out of any other line in a movie I think.
And that concludes my blog entry about three things, three places and three movies that make me happy. :0)
No comments:
Post a Comment